I began playing drums at the age of 10, when my grandparents surprised me with a toy drum set for Christmas. From that point, my life has been dedicated to music.
Throughout high school, I studied drum-set and orchestral percussion with the principle percussionist of the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra, Rick Dior.
I was then accepted to the Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music where I studied with Allen Otte, James Culley, and Rusty Burge and received my bachelors degree in percussion performance.
During my years at the conservatory, I played with jazz combo bands, musical theater pit orchestras, symphonic orchestras, and various chamber and percussion groups, including the highly respected Percussion Group Cincinnati.
Since graduating, I have been performing as a freelance musician for the past 15 years.
- Drummer/Percussionist on the first national tour of Bandstand
- Drummer/Percussionist on the national tour of The Sound of Music
- Resident percussionist for an opera theater company in Lucca, Italy
- Percussionist with the Johnstown Symphony Orchestra from 2010 to 2017
- Drummer for the pit orchestra of a South Carolina based regional theater company
- Guest percussionist with Thievery Corporation in front of an audience of over 16,000 people at the Thrival Music Festival
- Touring drummer with Nashville based band, Lovedrug
- Keyboardist (and cowbell player!!) for a gig with Blue Coupe, featuring original members of Blue Oyster Cult and Alice Cooper
- Percussionist on a show with original members of Rusted Root
In my home of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, I play with multiple bands ranging from old style country to electronic synth pop. In addition to these bands, I also do studio session work and sub with other local bands. I am currently on the first national tour of the Tony award winning musical, Bandstand.
Feel free to contact me through my website, brian.ganch.com.